Saturday, June 27, 2009

This week...

Our Life



It's been a good week. We got lots of school done. I know it is summer ...but... We are going to be schooling most of the summer because of the HEAT. There is just a bit too much of it here in FL, so while it is here we will be in the nice AC house doing school. Then when the heat goes away, we will go out and play. Sounds good to me. Jay too.




On Tuesday, two of the children friends came over for the day. They had a great day of PLAYING! I on the other hand had a great day of cleaning. I finally got both the porches cleaned off. I am so glad to have my big porch back. Jay had it filled with him stuff that he is dismantling. I moved all of that to the little shed that we have, giving me my space back. :) I love big porches. And friend who come over and keep the children busy so they can not see what I am throwing away. ;)



I spent some time scrap booking on Wed. :) I am so far behind. Almost 2 years of pictures that are not in books. Oh shame on me. It was so fun to get into scrapping again. Ayla had a wonderful time scrapping too.













I spent some time at the local dairy farm this week helping milk cows. They looked a lot like these.
I had a great time, and would gladly do it again. We milked around 100 cows, give or take a few. (I was not going to count them all, so I am guessing here) I had a wonderful time.

I think that when I grow up, I want to milk cows. not own them, just milk them from time to time.





Today I will be staying at HOME! Except for a short trip to the store to get laundry soap. We will be cleaning, scrapbooking, school and laundry. Gabe is looking after Mrs. H today so we will not see too much of him. Hopefully he will be able to come home sorta early this eve.


Blessings.....

1. Getting to milk cows again.

2. My husband fixed my wash line this week. It is nice and high and tight.

3. Mom and the girls made it safely back from Ohio.

4. I spent a few hours with my dad this week. It was very good.

5. Had a wonderful chat with a dear friend Yolie last night.

6. My children. They bless me every day.

7. A Savior who will always pick me up when I am cast down.


Have a blessed day.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Thank you for the encouragment to focus on my blessings. When my Father tells me no, it can be difficult to focus on anything else but that. It has been kinda interesting (and disturbing) how much I sulk and cry like a little child when I don't get my way. =(

How is Mrs. H doing? Is she adjusting ok? How have things gone with the family? Feels like I haven't talked with you in forever (even tho we did speak briefly yesterday). Hope you have a great week, and I am glad you had such a great visit with your mom and sisters the other day.

Love ya!