What happens when one of these....


Mainly this....
Flies out of a tree and hits this little girl in the forehead?
Yep you guessed it. A quick, 2 hour, trip to the ER to get her head glued back together again.
It was laid open so that it looked like a hole instead of a line.
It was a head wound so it bled like crazy. Thankful nobody in our family faints at the sight on blood.
The last 6 months Ayla and I have had plenty of bonding time. Too bad they have to mostly happen in the ER or hospital. :P
Oh....How did it happen?
Well, we were at the land in AL. We have a wooden rope swing on a tree up there. Ayla was playing with that swing, while Jay was swing on the large rope you see in the top picture. That rope was attached to another branch of the same tree. Gabe looked at it and though it looked safe for Jay to swing on. They were playing so sweet and nice when all of a sudden I heard a thunk. A few seconds later Ayla was kneeling on the ground, holding her head and screaming.
Somehow the rope that Jay was swinging on had come off the tree and hit Ayla in the head. Not too sure just how it came off but it did. Jay felt so bad, and Ayla just screamed. When Gabe and I looked at the wound we both thought that it looked like it should be stitched closed. So off to the local ER we went. The DR there said that with face wounds like that he likes to glue them together with Durmabond. That way it will not leave the "railroad tracks" look.
Well, I am off...off to Grandmothers house we go.
I have some more pictures of a cute baby girl that I will post later. :)
2 comments:
Oh yikes!! Poor Ayla! :-(
P.S. I can't wait to see pictures of the baby!!! :-)
Post a Comment