Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Dr. Visit.....


Our Dr. visit went good today. Jay and I had got up early, like 4:00, to go get his lab work done. When we got there we discovered that the Lab did not open until 7:00. It is good that we got there when we did though. We got there at 6:50, and there were 8 people in line already. By the time the lab opened at 7:00 there were at least 20 people in line behind us. It took about an hour for us to get done there. Jay did great about getting his blood drawn. He cried a little, more like yelled. He was so amazed that his blood was a really dark red. He talked about it for some time. After that we had about 3 hours before our Dr. appointment. We drove around looking for a milk shake. We had to settle for a BK milk shake because none of the good stores where open yet. Then we went to Walmart to wonder around and to find something fun for Jay to do while we waited. Spent about an hour in there. After that we drove to see is we could find where Uncle Merril and Aunt Marie lived. We found there house but it was empty. :) Empty of people that is. Oh well, maybe next time they will be there. :) By then we only had an hour left to go so we went to get lunch, then drove the Dr. office. We wait in the parking lot till it was time to go in. Jay took a nap while I talked on the phone. :)
Dr. Middlemas said that his white blood cell count looked good, so that means that there is no bacterial infection. The quick mono test came back negative, but he said that he still could have mono. We have to wait until the other test comes back and that could take days. He said if Jay starts to feel worse bring him back ASAP. But it looks like this is just a viral thing. It is very contagious so I am to keep him at home for a few days.
Jay is feeling much better, no fever since last night. Dr. Middlemas thought his talking sounded better. He also said that his tonsils were not as swollen as they were yesterday. I looked at them today and they look just plain nasty. They were very big with large patches of white stuff on both of them. Dr. Middlemas said that they were almost touching yesterday. Yikes! No wonder he was not wanting to eat anything. It will be several days before he starts to really feel better. So we will be hanging low here at the house. :)

In other news..........Auntie Ann is now in a nursing home in P.C. The Rehab was full here in town, so they moved her into one down there. She is not liking it at all. I talked to her this afternoon and she said they got lost and had to rent a room down there. She said the furniture is horrid looking. She wanted to know if I could do anything to get her out. She said more then that but I will leave it there. LOL She can be funny as long as you do not take it personal, and you take it from the perspective that she is losing her ability to think straight and understand what is going on around her. I am not too sure how long she will be in there, but she is not wanting to do her therapy. She wants to get up but when the therapist comes to help her get up she wants to stay in bed. ;) That's Auntie Ann for ya.

God blessed me today with this song.


Casting Crowns - Praise You In This Storm

I was sure by now
God You would have reached down
And wiped our tears away
Stepped in and saved the day
But once again, I say “Amen”, and it’s still raining

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

Chorus:
I’ll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
No matter where I am
Every tear I’ve cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn
I will praise You in this storm

I remember when
I stumbled in the wind
You heard my cry
You raised me up again
My strength is almost gone
How can I carry on
If I can’t find You

As the thunder rolls
I barely hear You whisper through the rain
“I’m with you”
And as Your mercy falls
I raise my hands and praise the God who gives
And takes away

Chorus:

(2x’s)
I lift my eyes unto the hills
Where does my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord
The maker of Heaven and Earth

Chorus:



2 comments:

Southern Gal said...

Hi there Amy! I found your blog- Ruth said you also use Blogger like I do now too! :) Yay! I am praying for you all, I hope that this passes... sometimes it seems like when it rains it pours. Hang in there, after the rain is a beautiful rainbow... be sure to take time to enjoy the pretty colors. :) Big hugs for all of your family from me. Junell

Nicole said...

I praise the Lord that the report is better for Jay. Sam went through something similar to that, high fever, very swollen tonsils earlier this year. Just a really bad case of tonsillitis. But he got over it and we made it through. So how long will Mrs. Ann have to be in the nursing home? I could say more, but it sounds bad to think it, so I will keep it to myself. Still praying for you all. That song has blessed me as well...also, "Sunrise" by Nichole Nordeman. Just a reminder that if we never saw the blackness of midnight, we wouldn't be able to appreciate the dawn. Love you! May the Lord help you to praise His name today and find joy in the little things.