Monday, April 27, 2009

Jay....still sick.

Whew, what a long day. It stared out this morning with Jay still having a fever. Gave him Motrin and called the Dr. office to get him an appointment. Did some wash and finally got a hold of the Dr. office to set him up an appointment. 10:00 headed over to see Gabe before we headed to Tallahassee. Ayla had the first appointment at 1:45 est. She was complaining of an ear ache last night so the Dr. worked on getting her ear cleaned out a bit so he could see her ear drum. There is still lots of wax in there that I need to try and flush out. Half way though her visit Jay started running a fever. He was on my lap the entire time! Ayla was a sweetheart and let the X-ray technician carry her down to the X-ray room. Dr. Streacker said her X-ray looks GREAT! There in no more yucky stuff in her lungs!! PRAISE THE LORD!! Finally we get out of his office. We are checking out when they call Jay back. So here we go again. Dr. Bradford was his Dr. By this time his fever was 103 and he was MISERABLE. They gave him Tylenol to help him feel better. Ears where fine, throat was.....Oh wait.....That's what it is. He has a horrid looking throat. "Lets do some swabs." Uggg....Jay hates getting the back of his throat swabbed. He had to have it done twice. The test for strep throat came back negative. In the Dr. comes and out again. Next she come in with the Head Pediatrician, Dr. Middlemas. He looks at Jay's throat and says his tonsils are very swollen. Said it sound as though Jay is talking around a hot potato. (it does!) He tossed around a few big words that I did not understand. Then they talked about doing some labs and testing for Mono. They would like to see if it is viral or bacterial, so they know how to treat it. It was 5:00 when I got out of there. I headed right over to the Lab that was suppose to be open until 7:00. Guess what?? They were closed. They close at 4:00. :sigh: So we have to go back in the morning, early, to get labs drawn. (the Lab opens at 6:00est.) Then at 11:00 we have another appointment with Dr. Middlemas. Hopefully we will be able to find out more then. I made it all the way to Bristol before I started crying. Right now it is just one thing on top of the other. When will it ever end.

Keep praying...........

I am blessed today by my Brother Samuel. Yesterday he took my car to Marianna to get two new tires on it. Today when I drove on the interstate my car did not shake. It was so bad on Friday I could only go about 60-65. Samuel is a blessing to me.

3 comments:

Tina said...

Oh Amy, I am praying!!

Molly said...

Poor Jay... I'll keep praying! I'm glad Ayla is all better now!

Nicole said...

I am so sorry, Amy. I didn't know until today as I am without my computer due to a trojan horse. On my mom's right now. I praise the Lord that Ayla's tests are all clear and that the Lord heard our prayers and has healed her completely. All praise and glory to His name. I am so sorry about Jay being sick and Gabe having to be away so much. I know the trials seem to have crashed down upon you this year, and I know how difficult that is. All I can say to you is that I will be praying that the Lord will sustain you and strengthen you more than you ever knew possible. I pray that He will continue to reveal His love and grace to you even more through this as He has been through the past couple of months. I hesitate to say anything else as I do not want to say platitudes. Know that I love you and am praying for all of you. If you ever need to talk or someone to pray with you, give me a call...251-7211. My thoughts are with you as I lift you up to our Father.

Your friend,
Nicole